Monday, June 27, 2005

Washington Monthly Appeal for Cooper

Charles Peters, founding editor of The Washington Monthly makes an appeal on behalf of Matt Cooper. I was going to write something critical about it, but 150 commenters on the site have beat me to it. Although Peters doesn't mention it, Cooper is a Washington Monthly contributing editor in addition to being an employee of Time, so I can see why Peters might feel an obligation to him. But the comments make clear that his appeal is ineffective.

Patrick Fitzgerald hasn't been leaking information to reporters. This creates an information vacuum which allows critics to assume the worst about him, but it also suggests to me that Fitzgerald is a man of integrity. My guess is that he hasn't issued those subpoenas lightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home